Late in 2013 I came across several reading challenges that appealed to me. Here is my roundup for the three.
The Eclectic Reading Challenge was fun with 12 categories of books. Alas, I only completed half of it. Guess that tells me where my reading interests lie since I put off the other categories. The year is not out and I am still reading, but this challenge is done!
Here is my round up. The categories completed are bolded. Sadly I only managed half of the categories.
1. Award Winning The Cuckoo’s Calling
2. True Crime (Non Fiction)
3. Romantic Comedy
4. Alternate History Fiction (The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman)
5. Graphic Novel
6. Cosy Mystery Fiction (Past Reason Hated by Peter Robinson)
7. Gothic Fiction (Jamacia Inn, Daphne du Maurier)
8. War/Military Fiction
10. Medical Thriller Fiction
11. Travel (Non Fiction) (Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson)
12. Published in 2014 (Perfect by Rachel Joyce) and (The Tastemakers by David Saxon)
There wasn’t a set number of books for this one, just join in each month and you may win a prize. I won in September (yea!) but haven’t received my book yet. It’s a long way across the ocean.
I read 14 books for this challenge and linked up each month.
6. Blood at the Root by Peter Robinson
Last but not least is the French Reader’s Challenge hosted by Words and Peace. I only managed three books for this one.
Some of the books were obviously used in several challenges. I enjoyed participating!
Next year I will be signing up for the British Book Challenge and What’s in a Word.